Seize the Summer with EURES 2017
- a b s t r a c t -
Date: 22nd February, 2017
Venue: www.europeanjobdays.eu/en/seizethesummer2017 (online only)
Different countries are organising EOJDs with the similar focus almost simultaneously, which makes the message confusing for jobseekers and implies a higher consuming of resources both from the EURES members/partners and from the ECO regarding communication and technical support.
We believe a joint event focusing on all southern/mediterranean countries as a destination would have greater impact, stronger communication support, higher quality of vacancies and generally better results with (overall) less resources invested both by ECO and MSs.
In a communication perspective, with this event we want to change the narrative about Southern MSs being perceived as only sending and northern MSs as only receiving countries, and to contribute towards a change in perception of EU mobility in “sending” countries as only one-way and brain drain.
Free movement of workers on the European labour market is a dynamic, circular process and not a one-way street.
This event will bring together Tourism / HORECA employers from Croatia, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Malta and Cyprus with jobseekers from all EU/EEA interested in summer jobs in 2017. Employers will fill vacant positions with candidates with skills they need, especially native speakers of different languages interested in entertainers’/tourism animators’ positions. (Young) jobseekers will have the opportunity to gain experience in international context, while spending their summer in most attractive European destinations.
- Tourism/HORECA employers from Croatia, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Italy, Greece, Malta and Cyprus unable to fill vacancies for summer season 2017 from the national labour market(s)
- entertainment, dancing, acting, fitness, sports or working with children.
- To match employers’ vacancies with suitable jobseekers:
ü 30 employers from 9 member states registered for the event;
ü supported by 15 EURES advisers;
ü promoting at least 250 vacancies in summer jobs 2017;
ü at least 500 registered jobseekers from all EU/EEA, with language skills and/or skills needed in HORECA/Tourism industry;
ü at least 150 interviews agreed or conducted during the event;
ü at least 50% of vacant positions occupied (agreed on) in a month after the event.
- To promote EURES as number one placement service in Europe.
- To make a step towards changing common narrative about European mobility.
- the event will take place on europeanjobdays.eu platform, online only
- registration open for employers from 15th January, 2017
- registration open for jobseekers from 15th February, 2017
- exhibitors/EURES advisers participate remotely, from own offices
- the programme will consist of pre-recorded presentations (destination countries LWC/companies' presentations)
Employers: what's in it for me?
- an opportunity to promote vacancies throughout Europe;
- an opportunity to meet wide range of jobseekers with different language skills, qualifications and experience, at the same time and place;
- free EU-wide promotion (websites, social media);
- without additional cost or with minimum cost;
- minimum investment of working hours;
- full support before, during and after the event.